HKFS is a national financial planning firm who believes financial planning is best when financial strategies are paired with tax strategies. Therefore, we work with CPA firms and their clients to develop comprehensive financial planning using our GPS program, which stands for Guidance, Planning, Strategies and then coordinate investment, insurance and retirement planning opportunities with tax planning advice.
HKFS provides planning services to over 2,500 CPAs and serves clients in all 50 states. We are headquartered in Dubuque, IA and have HKFS offices in Bismarck, ND; Denver, CO; Des Moines, IA; Grand Forks, ND; Indianapolis, IN; Louisville, KY; Minnetonka, MN; Missoula, MT; Neenah, WI; Omaha, NE; Rapid City, SD; St. Johns, FL.
A Quick Glance at HKFS:
- Unique comprehensive software that helps clients stay on track with planning
- Proprietary training and support systems and tools
- Complete retirement plan services including record keeping, third party administration, and investment management services
- Complete executive services platform to help businesses retain top employee talent
- In July 2020, HKFS was recognized as a Top 100 RIA in the country by Financial Advisory (FA) magazine and as a member of the Billion Dollar Club in Wealth Magnets by Accounting Today.
Our goal is to help you reach yours. In collaboration with your CPA advisor, HKFS utilizes a holistic approach to addressing your wealth management needs. Your goals, your dreams, and your time horizons are at the center of everything we do.
HK Financial Services (HKFS) was founded in 1995 by partners of Honkamp Krueger & Co., P.C., a Top 100 CPA and business consulting firm. In 2020, HKFS was acquired by Blucora, a leading provider of technology-enabled financial solutions to consumers, small businesses, and tax professionals. Blucora’s products and services in tax preparation and wealth management, through two business units, TaxAct and Avantax, help consumers manage their financial lives.
As the latest addition to the Blucora family, HKFS strengthens our business model of partnering with CPAs and accounting professionals to connect tax planning advice to investment, insurance and retirement planning – providing a holistic approach to planning.